Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 6

It’s the final day of the a day a week pracs. I asked to come on Monday, just to see how the class operates on a different day. I finished off the artwork from last week. The students had to cut out pictures of food and make a collage on their painting. Like any craft lesson it can get a little messy. Some students stuck two pictures on and said they were finished. They had to be encouraged to fill up all the spaces. The end product was pretty impressive for my first art lesson, though the paint should be watered down more.

There was one incident that really tested my behavioural management skills. One student took another student’s cut out and took ownership of it, when he finally gave it back he just tossed it at the student. I asked him many times to do it properly, becoming firmer each time. I needed to let him know that his behaviour is tolerated neither by his classroom teacher nor by me.
It is important to know how students behave so you can deal with them appropriately when they misbehave, as different strategies are required when dealing with different students.

No comments:

Post a Comment