Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 4

I will be teaching my first lesson in my next day a week prac. The kindies will be doing a unit called "The necessities of life". My colleague teacher suggested I do a creative art class since it will be their first day back from holidays. I'm thinking to do a food collage and watered down painting of a tablecloth and a plate as a background. Will be using either candle wax or a white crayon to draw patterns in the background. Hope it all goes to plan!

Each day time is allocated for a particular group of  kindies to practice using the laptops. They go on to a site called 'starfall' it is a great site teaching children to read using phonics. Using technology is a great way to engage students to work on activities. This also lets them work on their fine motor skills when maneuvering the mouse around the screen. This marks off the NSW Institute of Teachers’ Professional Teaching Standards Element 4.1.5 Use a range of teaching strategies and resources including ICT and other technologies to foster interest and support learning.

It's a pity my day a week is on a Wednesday, most of the day is dedicated to rotational tasks which allows the students to practice their motor skills. It will be better when I start my 3 week block, that way I can experience how the classroom works on every other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment